Writing a novel is a very hard thing to do because it covers so long a space of time, and if you get discouraged it is not a bad sign, but a good one. If you think you are not doing it well, you are thinking the way real novelists do. I never knew one who did not feel greatly discouraged at times, and some get desperate, and I have always found that to be a good symptom.Maxwell Perkins
Among other Sue-ish advice, she told me she’d realized if she was going to be a success, she had to own it. All of this is to say—you never know what the world will bring you, and what is around the next corner, and what friends you might make along the way.Read More
Watch This Space
New posts Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Guest authors and inspiration on the weekends.
Discussions on Facebook.
- I Wanted to Be a Writer February 20, 2018
- 6 Tips for Describing a First Person Point-of-View Character February 19, 2018
- Writing Prompt: In Other Than Words February 18, 2018
- Conflict Is Part of a Career Author’s Life February 17, 2018
- Writing to the Market. Or Not. February 16, 2018