Getting the beginning of your novel right is key to landing an agent, signing a contract, and racking up sales. Here’s a checklist to help you craft powerful first lines and great opening paragraphs.Read More
One of the most common questions I get from aspiring authors is, “Which books on writing should I read?” Here are my favorite books on writing.Read More
We type “curly.” Then delete and type “straight.” We type “brown.” Then delete and type “auburn.” We type “frowned,” then delete and type “crumbled.” Or whatever. And in our heads, a new person—with a face and desires and conflicts and intent—emerges, bit by bit, dot by dot.Read More
Feb 1 – Feb 3
Watch This Space
New posts Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Guest authors and inspiration on the weekends.
Discussions on Facebook.
- Success at writing November 21, 2017
- What Should Be on Your Page One? Here’s a Checklist! November 20, 2017
- Writing Prompt: After the Wedding November 19, 2017
- Jessica Strawser: Just Say Yes? November 18, 2017
- How Authors Can Build a Large Blog Following November 16, 2017