Plot advances when characters make choices. How do your characters make theirs?Read More
Author: Hank Phillippi Ryan
Among other Sue-ish advice, she told me she’d realized if she was going to be a success, she had to own it. All of this is to say—you never know what the world will bring you, and what is around the next corner, and what friends you might make along the way.Read More
No matter what it’s “about,” your book is all about conflict. If you’re having trouble making something happen, here’s how to decide where you are in the manuscript, then see how you can ramp up the tension with ramped-up conflict.Read More
Watch This Space
New posts Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Guest authors and inspiration on the weekends.
Discussions on Facebook.
- 6 Tips for Describing a First Person Point-of-View Character February 19, 2018
- Writing Prompt: In Other Than Words February 18, 2018
- Conflict Is Part of a Career Author’s Life February 17, 2018
- Writing to the Market. Or Not. February 16, 2018
- Is 99¢ too cheap a price for your book? February 14, 2018