One aspect of cozies that can set them apart from other mystery genres is the setting. As you begin to develop your cozy mystery series, consider the following tips for constructing an inviting setting that readers will want to revisit.Read More
Three things to think about when developing your main character that apply specifically to cozy mysteries.Read More
Part of a mystery author’s job is presenting a slate of suspects, any one of whom could be the killer. The mystery author’s challenge is to plant a sufficient number of clues to play fair with the reader, but not do so in a way that enables readers to pinpoint the killer before the third act.Read More
In the cozy world, it is the hook that gets the reader to bite. Use these techniques to develop a solid hook for your cozy mystery series.Read More
Watch This Space
New posts Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Guest authors and inspiration on the weekends.
Discussions on Facebook.
- 6 Tips for Describing a First Person Point-of-View Character February 19, 2018
- Writing Prompt: In Other Than Words February 18, 2018
- Conflict Is Part of a Career Author’s Life February 17, 2018
- Writing to the Market. Or Not. February 16, 2018
- Is 99¢ too cheap a price for your book? February 14, 2018